Eliminate Tired Eyes
by Rodrigo Diaz
10 months ago
It is without a doubt one of the fastest-growing concerns that men pay attention to and the area which contributes the most to aging signs. Sag lines, crows feet, dark under-eye circles, and redness are the cause of years of environmental stresses (on top of the natural aging process) and lifestyle habits
A man's skin is 25% thicker, oilier (for most), slight pH level difference, and smaller pore size in comparison to women. Therefore higher concentrations of actives and more complex 'science' are needed to achieve a powerful undereye cream, gel, or serum depending on ethnicity, environment, and lifestyle. To find the best undereye solution for you, check out the different types of undereye products and why they might be good for you.
For drier skin. Usually, oil-based to eliminate dry, brittle skin around the eye. Good for colder, dryer weather with a lot of sun. SPF within the cream would be ideal.
More complex molecules and good delivery systems can be found to pull in extracts and nutrients through the skin. Gels are good for higher concentrations of AHA's (alpha-hydroxy acids - smooth out rough skin), and tripeptides 3, 5, and 7 which ultimately denature wrinkles.
High impact and great for thicker and oilier skin. A warmer and humid environment is best as the absorption rate is quicker. A cream can follow to moisturize as serums usually tend to only include actives that work to denature wrinkles and not hold moisture. Hyaluronic acid serums are the exception. View GOA Skincare's example of a gel-based undereye which eliminates aging signs caused by excess habits such as drinking, smoking, sun exposure, and fatigue.
Ingredients to look for to reduce aging undereye skin:
Retinol at 0.5 to 1%
Major Causes of Wrinkle Formation?
Other than natural causes of aging like time, below are some of the top causes of wrinkles around the undereye skin
1. Sun Exposure. UV radiation is one of the biggest causes of skin damage and wrinkles (80%). This type of rapid aging is called photoaging where the radiation creates damages to the unlaying structure of the skin and increasing oxidation dramatically. T lower the risk, use sunscreen when exposed.
2. Blue Light. Staring at a screen or anything for a long period of time, tires the eyes and increases undereye circles. Solution: A break every 45min will do the trick.
3. Pillow Marks. Face-planting your face into a pillow and sleeping like this for a long period of time creates sleep marks around your eye. Solution: Buy a silk pillowcase (Yes, thread count matters this time) or try not to sleep on your chest.
4. Alcohol. Other than causing irritation of the blood vessels in your eyes, alcohol depletes vitamin A which plays a key role in keeping your skin firm and youthful. A good tip is to drink in moderation and drink plenty of water.
5. Pollution. Nanoparticles in combustion affect skin cells and increase oxidation. This causes sagging and an increase in wrinkle formation. Washing your face after coming back from a full day can reduce the chance of pollution affecting your skin.
So What's the Best Routine?
To gain access to maximum living while under stress, fatigue, sun exposure while enjoying the vices, there needs to be a result-driven component to the morning or evening routine. Like a need for a faster car, better leather jacket, upgraded watch, etc, a higher-impact, a dedicated product must be acquired. As the devil is in the details; the thin, delicate skin under the eye needs those certain components mentioned above. So consider the effects of years of sun, pollution, and excess vice intake on the skin. Whether a man is 21 or 65, the effects like wrinkles, dark circles, and inflammation must be looked after and eliminated.
Here is an easy treatment to banish the formation of wrinkles under the eye.
1. Apply heat and wash your face. With a hot, damp towelette, cover your eyes for about 2 minutes, or take a warm shower. Apply a thin layer of an antioxidant face wash or anything with Witch Hazel and Hydrolyzed Proteins like a Purifying Facial Cleanser. Let it sit for about 2 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
2. An Anti-Fatigue Undereye Mask. As a daily undereye mask place the mask in the freezer for 20 minutes (don't forget it!). After you have used a hot damp cloth on your eyes or after taking a shower; Use a small amount under the eye for 10 to 15 minutes. Using a mask like the Anti-Fatigue Facial Mud Mask, constricts the blood vessels and reduces the puffiness and can lighten dark circles (especially when using Dark Phyto Protein in the formula). Clean with the same hot towelette or rinse with warm water. Follow the next step.
3. Regular use of an under-eye serum. As creams can be too oily, a serum can hold more concentrated extracts and pass through the delicate skin under the eye. Products containing 0.5% - 1% Retinol, Vitamin C, Anti-Oxidants, and Polypeptides, like in the Anti-Fatigue Undereye Boost Serum, are key to diminish or eliminate fine expression lines and sagging skin. When getting less sleep, apply twice daily. Once in the morning after the shower and once before bed.
A given lifestyle is important in finding how and why undereye issues arise. The best way to resolve these problems is to contact our clientele care email at firstname.lastname@example.org and speak with our skin solutions professional.